50% Off 5 Hours of CE!
Basic Home Care Coding (1417)
This Introductory Level course discusses the various features and responsibilities of the Ohio Board of Nursing, as well as their Standards of Practice for Nurses. The student will learn to recognize the terminology within the Ohio Nurse Practice Act and become acquainted with the licensure requirements for an Ohio nurse. Diagnosis coding plays a critical role in determining reimbursement, as well as patient outcomes for home health services. The main purpose of diagnosis codes is to provide an updated, accurate picture of the patient's health status and the need for skilled services that require referral to home care or recertification. Coding accuracy is essential to the success of a home health agency. This course discusses the basic fundamentals needed for coding accuracy as based on the Official Coding Guidelines and OASIS-C guidance. This course was authored by Sharon Molinari, RN, HCS-D, HCS-O.
- Examine the purpose of home care coding and explain why we code.
- List the various types of coding guidance available
- Explain the purpose and provisions of PPS
- Describe how to find a code
- Identify how to select and sequence diagnoses
- Discuss what OASIS says about the M items
- Define Manifestations and explain the purpose of V-codes
This course is acceptable for CE in most states.
Please review this list to ensure this course qualifies for your state requirements.